Best Above Ground Swimming Pools Reviews in 2021
Intex 26339EH Ultra XTR Set Above Ground Pool, 24ft X 52in, Gray
Summer Waves 24ft x 12ft x 52in Above Ground Outdoor Rectangle Frame Swimming Pool Set with Filter Pump, Pool Cover, Ladder, and Ground Cloth
- LARGE FAMILY SIZED POOL WITH STYLISH EXTERIOR: Splash the day away in the comfort and privacy of your own backyard with this above ground frame pool
- SIZE: This rectangular pool measures 24 foot by 12 foot by 52 inches deep
- MATERIAL: Made of a durable triple layer polyester mesh and a durable rust-resistant metal frame that will stand up to heavy use and the elements
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Includes SFX1500 SkimmerPlus 110/120V filter pump, pool cover, ladder, and ground cloth
- WARRANTY: Manufacturer warranty: Pool pump: 180 days | Pool liner: 90 days
Robelle 3533-4 Super Winter Pool Cover for Round Above Ground Swimming Pools, 33-ft. Round Pool
- High Quality 8 x 8 scrim
- Heavy-duty polyethylene weighs 2.36 oz./yd2
- 4 foot foot overlap (Includes 4 feet of extra material, making this cover easier to secure)
- Includes winch and cable which should be used to secure the cover through the reinforced grommets
- 10 Year Warranty
Confer Above Ground Swimming Pool Curve Step System
- Molded, super strong, chemical resistant resin holds up to 400 pounds
- System Step Dimensions: 32 inches D x 47 inches H, 58 inches W
- Step Tread Dimensions: 27 inches W x 10 inches D x 11 inches H
- Includes adjustable base pads and 24 inch oversized deck mounting brackets
- sides fill with sand or pea gravel and is backed by a 5 year warranty
Intex 15 Foot x 42 Inch Prism Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with Filter
- Includes a 110-120V Krystal Clear cartridge filter pump, pump flow rate: 330 Gph
- Approximate set-up size: 15 Foot x 42 Inch
- Water capacity: 1,185 gallons
- Ready for water in 30 minutes
- Age grade 6+
Kokido Keops Solar Dome Above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater | K835CBX/RV
- Don't let summer's end keep you from swimming, this Kokido Keops Solar Dome Above Ground Pool Water Heater lets you swim on into the cooler months of the year
- Extend your swimming season with warm water and heat your pool to a warm, comfortable temperature
- Environmentally friendly heating energy
- Dramatically reduces or eliminates pool heating costs compared with gas or electrical heater
- Includes a protective cover for storage purpose when not in use
Above Ground Swimming Pool Step to Deck
- Overal Dimensions = 81" Height, 32" Depth, 32.5" Width
- Step Dimensions = 10" x 27"
- Assemlby required
Intex 15ft X 48in Metal Frame Pool Set with Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover
- Triple strong, SUPER-TOUGH laminated sidewalls are reinforced with an all-around band to keep frame legs firmly in place.
- Ready for water in 45 minutes, - follow the instructional DVD for easy set up, and enjoy the fun! Water capacity: (90%) 4,440 gallons.
- Includes: Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter pump 1,000 gph (110 - 120V). Ladder. Ground Cloth. Debris Cover.
- Set-up and maintenance DVD. Convenient drain plug that connects to a garden hose so water can be drained away from pool or house area.
- New dual suction outlet fittings improve water circulation resulting in better water hygiene and clarity.
- Do not set up the pool on sand, mud, or any soft or loose soil conditions.; No of People: 8 or more
Pro 2400GPH 13" Sand Filter w/ 3/4HP Water Pump Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
- Sizable Capacity - This sand filter pump is housed in a one-piece 13-inch tank with a capacity of 42 pounds of sand that can filter above ground pools up to 10,000 gallons
- Simple and Easy to Use - 4-way valve, 3-prong plug w/ electric cable, portable, quick start and simple operation, take less than 5 minutes to install
- Low Noise Design - This sand filter pump is designed and optimized for running with low noise, to make your work more comfortable and energy efficient
- Dependable Performance - This filter keeps the sand height level to expose water to the maximum sand surface level possible for optimum filtration, consistent performance, and efficient backwashing
- Multi-Port Filter - Multi port provides for easy use and quick back-washing
Intex 20ft x 52in Prism Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with Filter Pump
- Prism frame pools are enhanced with strong powder-coated steel tubing with a stylish liner
- Hydro Aeration Technology pump for improved circulation, filtration, improved water clarity, and increased negative ions at the water surface
- 1,500-gallon filter pump included keeps your water crystal clear
- Constructed with puncture-resistant, 3-ply material
- Includes a cartridge filter pump and instructional DVD for setup and maintenance
Cornelius Phoenix 15ft x 52in Above Ground Swimming Pool w/Pump and Pool Ladder
- Create your own backyard swimming pool paradise with this easy-to-assemble above-ground pool kit
- Round above-ground pool features a 15-foot diameter and is 52 inches deep
- Fully-integrated sand pump filters 1,200 gallons per hour and features 4-position multi-port for quick, easy filter replacement
- Steel construction on all components for lasting durability
- Includes: Phoenix series above-ground pool, sand filter pump, 15-foot pool liner, thru-wall skimmer, pool ladder, chemical kit, phosphate removal chemical, pool net, and accompanying hardware
Vinyl Liners and How to Replace Them
Vinyl pool liners are an important part of both in ground and above ground pools.
Over time a vinyl liner can fade in color due to chemicals used in the pool and the sun's rays. Vinyl liners lose their resiliency because of the use of sanitizers. The vinyl liners today are more resistant to chemicals and the sun due to to their chemical makeup. It is not impossible for a vinyl liner to get a hole in it despite their great ability to stretch. The homeowner can usually use patch kits, available in both wet and dry, to repair small holes in the vinyl liner. If the water level goes down more than approximately an inch of water per week, than a leak may be present.
Avoid draining the water from the pool unless it is absolutely necessary because the liner is held tightly in place by the water and if the water is taken out then the vinyl liner will need reset. Wrinkles, which must be removed by a vacuum, can form when the water is removed from the pool. Allowing water to seep beneath a vinyl liner can cause the backside of the sand to wash out. A difference in pressure caused by the lack of water in the pool can cause the walls to collapse. Always remember to consult a pool technician before removing the water from the pool.
Pool vinyl liners can be found in a variety of colors and sizes. The average vinyl liner can range from $800-1600 depending on color, thickness, and size. The liner bead can come out of the track if the liners are not centered properly or if the liner is sized too small for the pool. Directly beneath the coping located at the top of the liner is where the coping track can be found. The vinyl liner must be stretched back into the bead track.
Professional pool technicians should be used when replacing an in ground pool liner. Specialized tools are needed to install the vinyl liner properly and can be a slow difficult job. Vinyl liners for the above ground pool are much easier to install and can be handled by the DIY. Measure the width, depth, and length first, carefully making sure measurements are taken for the wraps around the wall. Only remove necessary bolts after assuring the water has been removed. The lock that clamps the liner down can be removed. The vinyl liner can be cut and removed. Make sure that the sand floor is smooth and free of big rocks and pebbles.
Algae contaminated sand or sand that's washed away needs replaced. Treat existing vegetation with an herbicide or algaecide to prevent growth under the vinyl liner. Rust and rough spots can be scraped or smoothed out of the walls. Floor padding can be installed at this time if a softer floor is preferred. The new vinyl liner can be draped over the pool where it can then be tightened into its final spot. Make sure there is enough slack to properly stretch the vinyl liner and then clamp down with the liner lock. Do not drag the vinyl liner across the floor and keep it as smooth as possible when stretching. A shop vacuum can be used to remove air behind the liner in order to ensure a smooth tight fit. Water will smooth out any wrinkles while filling the form. After the pool has filled up about 1 foot turn off the shop vac and when the pool is completely full the wall fittings may be cut in.
Vinyl pool liners are an important part of both in ground and above ground pools. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, thickness, and range in price. Vinyl liners can be replaced by pool technicians and the DIY alike. Wet and dry patches can help fix small holes that may be present in the liner. For larger holes and leaks the vinyl liner should be replaced. A homeowner can enjoy his/her pool for years to come with proper maintenance including replacing the vinyl liner when needed.