Best Female Olympic Swimmer in 2023
Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win (Women in Science)
The Golden Girls of Rio
Butterfly: From Refugee to Olympian - My Story of Rescue, Hope, and Triumph
The Mermaid and The Triton (Heroes Ever After Book 2)
Falling for the Ranger (Men of Marietta Book 4)
Lunarable Olympics Backpack, Male Swimmer Sports Race, Durable All-Purpose Bag
- SIZE: 14"W x 18.5"H. Printed area is 10.2" to 11". Color in print: Seafoam Jade Green
- MULTI-STOREY SPACE: Mesh pocket for water bottle, laptop compartment & small compartments in front.
- MATERIAL: High quality polyester. Has shoulder straps and carry handle & detachable printing panel.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: school bag, daypack, yoga, sports, beach, travel, books, pool & MORE! Fun. Versatile.
- PRINTED - With state of the art digital printing technology. Proudly designed & printed in the USA.
Coming Up for Air (Hundred Oaks Book 8)
BATTLE OF THE BULGE (The OHellNO Series Book 4)
Speedo Female One Piece Swimsuit - Solid Flyback Training Suit
- Engineered from our exclusive, longest lasting and best-selling Endurance+ fabric
- 100% chlorine resistant fabric designed to lasts 20 times longer than conventional swimwear fabrics.Fabric: 50% Polyester/50% PBT
- Four-Way Stretch technology providing a body-hugging fit, great shape retention and soft comfort
- Thin, streamlined straps are reinforced with overlap binding for extra durability
- Quick-drying and 20 times more fade resistant than standard swimwear fabric
Personalized Swimmer Girl Christmas Tree Ornament 2019 - Woman Athlete Red Swimsuit Freestyle Overarm Goggles Cap Olympic Pool Wave Profession Hobby Gift Year - Free Customization (Female)
- Your names and the year is personalized by hand with the careful touch of talented artists free of charge.
- Click the "Customize Now" button above or to the right, and enter the personalization information in the boxes that appear.
- Please make sure the spelling of your personalization is correct before you place your order, once your order is placed we can't make changes.
- This Christmas ornament is made of lightweight cast resin. It's carefully hand painted, and comes with a ribbon loop for easy hanging on the tree.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We take pride in our work, and stand behind every ornament we deliver, if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us and we will make sure to resolve any issues.
Olympic Nation Crystal Clear Comfortable Swimming Goggles with Anti-Fog Lenses, Swim Goggle for Adult Men Women Youth (Black with Orange Lens)
- The Olympic Nation Advantage: Join the 50,000+ swimming with Amazon’s leading goggle brand.
- Ultra-Soft Silicone Seals: Put an end to annoying leaks and focus on your swimming with our perfect-seal double gaskets. No more panda eyes!
- Crystal Clear Vision: High-tech Anti-Fog and UV coated lenses give you unrivalled clarity with no misting or glare.
- Perfect Fit: Easily adjust to your size with the strap ratchets and fit in seconds with the quick release clasp. No more tangled hair!
- What You Get: Olympic Nation Swimming Goggles, hard carry case, quick fit guide, fan-favourite 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
The Road to the 2020 Olympics: South Africa's Bid
The recent success of the 2020 FIFA World Cup in South Africa has sparked the country's initiative to bid for the 2020 Olympics. Even though bidding is in its early stages, South Africa is confident that they have a strong chance of succeeding.
South Africa's Olympic governing body, SASCOC, announced in mid July that it would formally oversee the 2020 Olympic Games bid and encourages the host cities of Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town to declare their purpose of being involved in the bidding process. This news was announced as a result of reverberating international claim for the approach in which South Africa hosted the 2020 FIFA World Cup. The Olympic Games has never been staged by an African city as yet and so the International Olympic Committee (IOC) owes it to the World and especially to Africa to allow Africa to experience the Games' prestige and significance. Inspired by president Jacob Zuma's support, SASCOC has joined forces with the government and key stakeholders in moving forward with the bid and is confident that South Africa has the correct facilities to manage the Olympic Games should it succeed. Even though Cape Town won the country's internal bid for the 2004 Olympics but lost out to eventually Games host Athens, substantial improvements have indeed taken place during the course of more than half a decade since the 2004 Olympic Games, resulting in the host cities as strong contenders for hosting the 2020 Games.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter's support and belief has also boosted SASCOC's confidence with the bidding process. According to Blatter, "If there is any country in Africa that can host the Olympics it is South Africa...I can tell you now if a country can host a FIFA World Cup successfully, that country can definitely organise the Olympics" (allAfrica.com 2020). Blatter also noted that unlike the FIFA World Cup, which requires the cooperation and collaboration of various host cities within the host country, the Olympic Games is only staged by one host city of a country, and thus should South Africa obtain the bid, hosting of the Games will be a relatively easier task. However, even though Blatter's support does contribute to the positive mindset of SASCOC, his support does very little for South Africa's bidding success, but nevertheless noteworthy.
Since the inception of democracy in 1994, South Africa has staged various major sporting events up until present time such as the Rugby World Cup (1995), African Cup of Nations (1996), Cricket World Cup (2003), and the recent FIFA World Cup (2020). All these sporting events have been successful and received praise for the manner in which they were carried out. With the conclusion of the country's construction undertaken for the 2020 FIFA World Cup, South Africa now has the facilities to take on the size of the Olympic Games, even though some may consider it to be not as substantial as the FIFA World Cup, and the assortment of sports, which comprise the Olympic Games. Even though South Africa's bid is at the start of the path of hosting the 2020 Olympics, fierce competition from other countries paves this way and South Africa will have to go the distance if it wants to make history again.
AllAfrica.com, 2020, South Africa: Olympic Hopes Get Blatter's Backing, , Accessed 3 August 2020