Best Goggles Open Water Swim in 2020
aegend Swim Goggles, Swimming Goggles No Leaking Anti Fog UV Protection Triathlon Swim Goggles with Free Protection Case for Adult Men Women Youth Kids Child, Multiple Choice
blueseventy Hydra Vision Goggles - for Triathlon, Pool and Open Water Swimming (Black, Rainbow Mirror)
- Frame Integrated Strap Adjustment system is easy and flawless to use.
- Unibody nose bridge is integrated into the frame and sits close to the face to further improve hydrodynamics.
- A curved wide lens provides unparalleled vision in the open water and unmatched anti-fog properties.
- Low profile, feature fitting frame. A great cross-over goggle for pool to open water.
- Latest HDR TPR frame materials used to reduce weight, increase comfort and fit.
aegend Swim Goggles 2 Pack Swimming Goggles
- 【WHY CHOOSE THIS SET?】Introductory Offer! Two sets for the price of one! You can own both black mirrored colored lenses and silver lenses swim goggles. Two great colours to suit your mood or colour co-ordinate with your swimmers.
- 【FOG-UP? NO!】The inner surfaces of the lenses are coated with the latest anti-fog Environmental Treatment Technology, that provides maximum anti-fog protection for your goggles, and is safe for your eyes and skin. Use our quality protective case to keep your googles looking brand new.
- 【LEAKING? NO!】The specially manufactured Premium silicone material plus the Ergonomic design of the goggles ensures a snug fit on all face shapes, and STOPS annoying leaks.
- 【UV PROTECTION? YES!】The outer surfaces of the lenses are carefully coated to enable the lenses to filter out harmful rays, and protect your eyes from heat and damage of UV sunrays.
- 【STYLISH LOOK? ABSOLUTELY!】Our fashionable colours, and our smooth sleek lines, create a sporty high-fashion look that will make you stand out in the crowd.
TYR Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggle, Black
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested to give you the edge in all your activities
- Used by both professional and recreational users
- Embedded Anti-Fog
- DURAFIT gasket
- Wide peripheral range
blueseventy Contour Goggle - for Triathlon, Pool and Open Water Swimming (White, Smoke)
- Built with Soft Frame Technology with an emphasis on performance
- Features superior hydrodynamics due to low-profile lenses and a gasket that extends to your temples.
- Dual low drag silicone straps attach past the temples and feature a back clip for adjustability.
- Premium polycarbonate, anti-fog lenses offer razor sharp vision above and below the surface.
- Includes 4 interchangeable nose bridges to customize fit. PVC and Latex free.
AqtivAqua Swim Goggles Swimming Goggles for Adult Men Women Kids Youth Girls Boys Childrens DX (White/Black Color)
- ✓ BETTER VISION ~ Wide Polycarbonate Lenses with Anti Fog coating and 100% UV Protection (Cat3 UV400 Standard) for the best 180° field of view and undistorted optics above water and underwater
- ✓ MORE COMFORT ~ Ultra-Soft Silicone Double Seals are designed to expand and contract to hug the unique contours of a swimmer’s face, and achieve the right level of suction without applying excessive pressure around the eyes
- ✓ HIGHER VALUE ~ For a Limited Time only, this offer includes the Exclusive AqtivAqua Designer Case (Currently priced on Amazon at $10.95)
- ✓ SUPERIOR ANTI SLIP DESIGN ~ Unlike other single strap goggles, our Split Strap Design has no trouble in ensuring a fixed position of the goggles on the head even during the most vigorous swimming. In addition, the One-Click system means that adjusting the size of the strap is easier, faster and can be done even during swimming
- ✓ 12 Month Warranty and Caring Customer Service. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the product, we will offer you a full refund, no questions asked
aegend Swim Goggles, Swimming Goggles with 4 Sizes Nose Bridge UV Protection Varied Color Lens No Leaking Anti Fog Crystal Triathlon Training for Adults, Men, Women, Youth, Child and Kids
- 【Specialty for Swimming】Equipped new-style TPR material, which is more tough, more waterproof and more supportive than traditional silicone material. Suitable for adults, men, women, youth, and kids.
- 【Anti-fog & UV protection】Worried about sunlight damage and blurry when swimming? Anti-fog and UV protection coating on polycarbonate lenses can solve these problems. The anti-fog coating on the lenses provide crystal clear underwater vision. UV protection lenses reflect harmful sun rays, reduce glare and visual distortion and soften brightness when swimming.
- 【Interchangeable Nose Bridges】Come with 4 interchangeable curved nose bridges (S/M/L/XL), adopting sturdy and unbreakable bendable ABS material, that can meet different nose bridge heights and width for adults, kids and teens, 4 sizes fit most people, avoiding leaving a red mark around the nose and hurting nose.
- 【Reduce Water Resistance】The seals gasket are comfortable and durable, it well fits the contours of the eyes. The goggles are lightweight and waterproof which is professionally designed to lowering the resistance in the water and improve swimming speed.
- 【Adjustable Double Strap】The double-slip design of the head straps prevents from loosening during swimming and ensures a secure fit of your head. Note: there has the scale on the strap, please measure the head length and adjust the strap to the most suitable place, then wear the goggles.
Arena Cobra Tri Mirror Triathlon Swim Goggles, Yellow/Copper/Black, Swipe Anti-Fog (New)
- Most advanced dark mirrored triathlon goggles with innovative Swipe Anti-Fog technology
- Swipe Anti Fog: anti-fog protection that lasts 10 times longer and can be reactivated by swiping the lenses with your fingers
- Hard, mirrored lenses with UV protection, three interchangeable nose bridges, dual strap, PVC free
- Ideal for triathlon and open water
- 45% Polycarbonate, 30% Silicone, 15% Thermoplastic Elastomer, 5% Polyoxymethylene, 5% Polypropylene
New Wave Fusion Swim Goggles (Revo Lens in White Frame) Molten Pearl
- Wide peripheral lenses for better vision: New Wave’s Fusion Racing Swim Goggles offer a watertight fit with integrated curved lenses for a wide field of vision. Ultra-soft “BunnyTech” gasket technology provides maximum comfort and a leak-resistant seal. Four interchangeable nose bridges ensure a hydrodynamic fit while delivering the lowest profile goggle lenses available on the market.
- Each pair of New Wave Swim Goggles was crafted with precision and love by robot lizards from the future. In their infinite wisdom, they took pity on us humans, and sent back these goggles. They said that the only hope for humanity was to be able to see clearly and look awesome while swimming. These were their words, not ours. Plus, they said they know Scuba Steve, so we trust them 100%.
- 100% UV protection & shock resistance: To maximize protection of your eyes from seawater or pool chemicals, we only use high-grade, shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses, which offer UV sun protection as standard in all of our goggles.
- New Wave Swim Goggles come in three finishes – clear, smoke, and mirrored coating. Clear goggles should be used indoors, or on a cloudy race morning. Clear goggles worn on a sunny day seem to intensify the sun. The most versatile smoke tinted finish can be used indoors, or for exploring the great outdoors, particularly if you cycle through areas with dense insect populations. The mirrored finish should only be used outdoors when it's sunny.
- For exceptional clarity of vision, all of our goggles come standard with anti-fog coating to keep the lenses clear. The low-profile, athletic design of these goggles provides streamlined fit for minimal drag to ensure you will glide through the water like a lizard on wet ice. Our goggles are engineered for sighting in triathlon and open water. For optimal moisture control, keep your goggles close to body temperature before entering the water.
blueseventy Flow Goggle - for Triathlon, Pool and Open Water Swimming (Clear, Yellow)
- Extremely flexible unibody nose bridge fits all face shapes and sizes
- Secure and soft gasket fits comfortably and does not leak
- High Quality anti-scratch and anti-fog lenses for crystal clear vision
Speedo 3 Pack Adult Swimming Goggles, White, White, Aqua
Open Water Swim ...10 K from Isla Mujeres to Cancun
Pros and non professionals will start their engines to compete to be the best. Then their are people like me who just want to finish. At 66, my goal is to do it in 5 hours.
I remember the old days when alcohol was my hobby. A long swim was a piece of cake. Now 66 years old I look back at my crazy days in my 20's . Along with a few friends we decided to go to the beach...in Acapulco Mexico. It was a long ride from La Salle, Illinois. But at that age with plenty of beer it did not seem like it.
As we lay on the beach in Acapulco, I saw a glimpse of an island, looked close (the cerveza made it look even closer). So I took the plunge. For over three hours I kept telling myself how much fun this was. When I arrived I felt like Robinson Crusoe with his discovery. I proudly pounded my chest as I waved to my friends at the beach bar. In the distance it looked like they were waving back. Then it hit me, I have to swim back! Since there was no one on the island to brag about my accomplishment I decided to go back to the bar.
Off I went and after an hour, I saw a small boat approaching me. My friend Richard, thought I was lost at sea and encouraged me to get in the boat, I said "no way", as he handed me a cold beer. The Mexican captain kept talking to me in Spanish and I kept giving him the appropriate answer se-se. He gave up when I said I will meet you at the bar. He shook his head and left. As I was approaching the beach bar I was greeted with a large group with applause. Everyone was saying let me buy you a beer. I said jokingly "I think I will try it again."
As I made my way to the bar, the bartender was saying "loco American." With my limited Spanish I knew a few words, like cerveza,-beer, Esta chica muy bonita bonito- you look beautiful.... for the woman and loco, which means "crazy". The bartender kept talking about me. Not knowing what he was saying I asked my new bar- friend what he was saying. He explained "no one swims to that island it's known as "shark island" and a lot of people swim there and never return." Well I chalk it up as another survival on my drinking resume.
Now fast forward 40 years to my new sober challenge.... To make this 10K open water swim in Cancun ,Mexico. Since I am not in the physical shape I used to be I decided to discipline myself with stringent exercise, First, I never smoked cigarettes till I hit the 50 year old marker. So I will quit smoking ten minutes before the competition. Second, I will go to the beach and swim (and look at the girls) for at least ten minutes a day and work on my tan. This should work for me! Now I know what you are thinking, (this guy really is Polish). But do not fear, I will make it! I do not know how long it will take, but I will.... make it. Question, should I ware a swimming cap....to look professional or should I look amateur-ish?
Por La Libre 3km and 10km Open Water Swimming Competition highlights the beauty of the Cancun Underwater Museum amp; the Mexican Caribbean.
Swimming is the fastest growing activity in the world of sports and takes center stage in the upcoming Por La Libre 2020 (PLL '11) swimming event taking place June 2-4, 2020 in Cancun. Considered one of the most important open-water events in Mexico and renowned for its beauty and complexity, the event will feature about 1,000 competitors among the ages of 15 and 70 from various swimming associations and clubs, as well as independent swimmers from all around Mexico, Latin America, U.S.A. and UK.
The 2020 competition will be the 6th annual Por La Libre Open Water swimming event and will cover a distance of about six miles from Isla Mujeres to Punta Cancun (island to island), attracting large numbers of families and enthusiasts to watch the event and enjoy the beauty of the crystal waters, swimming over the magnificent reefs, flora, and fauna that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer.
The 2020 event will have the honor of being the only open water swimming event where all competitors will have the opportunity to swim over the amazing Under Water Museum and see its 400 submerged sculptures.
You will find more information about the Cancun Underwater Museum (MUSA) on this blog and also at
Program of activities for the PLL'11:
THURSDAY, JUNE 2nd, 2020:
Registration day from 5 PM until 8 PM at the BeLive Grand Viva Hotel
Information meeting 7 PM.
FRIDAY, JUNE 3rd, 2020:
Registration from 2 PM to 8 PM at the BeLive Grand Viva Hotel.
Positions assigned at the BeLive Grand Viva Hotel
Mandatory information meetings: 4 PM, 5:30 PM amp; 7 PM at the BeLive Grand Viva Hotel
SATURDAY, JUNE 4: MAIN EVENT (LIVE STREAMING THROUGH USTREAM AND LIVESTREAM)
5:50 a.m. Re-assignment at the pier at Isla Mujeres.
6:10 a.m. The boat will sail to Isla Mujeres for the 10k and to the 3k starting points.
7:30 a.m. the race starts.
1:30 PM Award Ceremony at the BeLive Grand Viva Hotel
Images from last years event:
www.nadoporlalibrecancun.com lt; gt;