Best In Ground Swimming Pool Pumps in 2022
Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump, 1Â½ Horsepower, 115/230 Volt, 1 Phase
Harris In-Ground VS Variable Speed Swimming Pool Pumps (1.5 HP)
- **THIS ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA! **
- Stainless steel motor shaft is constructed with a reinforced thermoplastic body for longer life and durability, with carborundum and graphite mechanical seals and components
- Advanced engineering provides high efficiency and minimal noise
- Meets or exceeds all CSA and ETL requirements
- Voltage: 230V Frequency: 50/60Hz Amp: 0.7~9.5 RPM: 1000-3450
XtremepowerUS 75035-1 2 HP Self Prime in/Above Ground Swimming 2" NPT Fitting ETL Pool Pump, Black
- Material Type: Metal, Pe, Steel, Abs Plastic
- Power Source Type: Corded-Electric
XtremepowerUS 1.5HP Inground Pool Pump 5280GPH 1.5" NPT Inlet/Outlet 115V Dual Watt
- Volt: 115V/230V Hz: 60
- 1.5" NPT
- Amps: 14/7; Hmax: 20 M; Qmax: 333 L/min (88 GPM)
- Maximum Water Temperature: 40 C and ETL Certified
- ETL Certified
Rx Clear Mighty Niagara Pump| for In-Ground Swimming Pools | Single Speed |2 HP Pump | Electrical Hookup 115 Volt or 230 Volt, 230 Volt Set at Mfg | 7/14 Amps | 1 Â½" Plumbing Connections
- CLEAR AND MIGHTY - This pool pump CANNOT BE SOLD IN/SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA OR FLORIDA. Pool pumps, 1 HP or larger, that are sold in/shipped to California and Florida must be 2 speed or variable speed motors. This self-priming heavy-duty pump delivers outstanding performance and reliability at a fantastic price and costs less than big name brands. The mighty force of this pump makes it efficient and an economical choice.
- SEE THROUGH SCREEN - The Rx Clear Mighty Niagara features a 2-piece strainer cover with clear port to that allows you to notice when the basket needs to be cleaned. This pump also includes a large basket to collect hair, lint and leaves to ensures free-flowing operations at all times.
- ULTRA COMPACT BODY - With a compressed body this pump provides quality performance, maximum efficiency and dependability with guaranteed results for all your pool and spa combination needs, all in an ultra-compact body.
- GET CONNECTED - Rx Clear Mighty Niagara Single Speed Pump connects with 1 ½" plumbing connections. Electrical hook ups 115V or 230V, 230V set at Mfg 7 / 14 Amp.
- WARNING - This pool pump cannot be sold in/shipped to California or Florida. Pool pumps, 1 HP or larger, that are sold in/shipped to California and Florida must be 2 speed or variable speed motors. THIS PUMP SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED ONLY BY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL. ALL WIRING MUST BE DONE BY A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE AND LOCAL CODES.
XtremepowerUS 1.5 HP Variable 2-Speed Swimming Pool Pump Above/In-ground Swimming Spa Pool Pump 230V ETL Motor Pump
- Powerful Pool Pump heavy-duty, high-performance motor with air-flow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation
- High Efficiency Impeller maximize flow and reduce noise while the energy efficient motor with commercial-grade frame
- An extra-large debris basket keeps pool maintenance to a minimum, letting you enjoy your pool more, while the clear cover lets you see exactly when the basket needs cleaning
- Built-in (2) Speed settings gives more user control to adjust the speed of water transfer with the low and high settings between 1,750 to 3,450 rotations per minute
- Dual threaded 1.5 in. female union connection. Slip union connection for simple installation; Self-priming pump discharges air from water intake to prevent motor from running dry | 2pc-Union Fitting Sold Separately (ASIN: B01FNEQ96G and B01FNEQ96G)
2HP High-Flo Inground Above Ground Swimming Pool Pumps W Strainer Basket
- Dual Speed Energy Saving Swimming Pool Pump - Heavy-duty, high-performance motor with air-flow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation.
- High Efficiency Impeller - Maximize flow and reduce noise while the energy efficient motor with commercial-grade frame; Inlet Internal 1.5" NPT (fit for 1.5" male threaded adapter)
- Clear Cover - Lets you see when basket needs cleaning and the drain plug allows for easy maintenance of pump
- Easy Start - Fill pump with water upon first use to prevent motor from overheating / ETL and UL Certified - This Swimming Pool Pump has a certification to ensure recognized Standards for Safety
- 2pc-Union Fitting Sold Separately (ASIN: B01FNEQ96G and B01FNEQ96G)
InGround 1.5 HP-230/115V High Performance Swimming Pool Pump with 1.5 inch Union Fittings
- GREAT VALUE: This 230/115 volt - 1.5HP Pool Pump Delivering Superior Reliability and Performance, at much Less Cost than the Big Name Brands. An efficient and affordable pool Pump that you can rely on
- SELF-PRIMING: A Powerful Self-priming Pool Pump, heavy-duty, high-performance motor with air-flow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation. Suction Lift to 8 Above Water Level
- LONG-LASTING: Durable Rigid Construction, a Stainless Steel Motor Shaft & a Corrosion proof polymer reinforced thermoplastic body for high strength, will give you years of use
- LOW MAINTENANCE: The Clear Acrylic Twist-Lock Cover allows you to see exactly what is in the Large Basket, which reduces your pool maintenance time and increases your pool enjoyment
- ELECTRICAL: 1.5 HP - 230 V - 7 A or 115V - 15A - 88 GPM - H 65 Ft - - Requires to be Hardwired
Wayne 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump
- iSwitch technology turns pump on and off by sensing the presence of water
- Plug in and leave the pump unattended for worry-free water removal
- Strainer base filters debris to minimize clogging and keep pump from tipping over
- Energy efficient, high flow, oil-free pump
- Automatic freeze protection within the iSwitch technology to prevent pump damage
- Auto On activates when water at, or above 2 1/8 in. has been detected. Auto Off activates when water at, or below 3/4 in. has been detected.
Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5 HP Pool Pump
- The industry’s workhorse - recognized for reliability and performance
- Exclusive swing-away hand knobs makes for easier strainer cover removal: no tools required, no loose parts and no clamps
- See through strainer cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning and eliminates guess work
- Features an oversized debris basket has extra leaf holding capacity for less frequent maintenance
- Easy installation and servicing with quick 4-bolt access to internal components
Rx Clear Radiant Complete Sand Filter System | for Inground Swimming Pool | Mighty Niagara 1 HP Pump | 24 Inch Tank | 300 Lb Sand Capacity | Up to 33,000 Gallons
- ALL IN ONE POOL EQUIPMENT - The Rx Clear Radiant Complete Sand Filter System is a full system that includes the Rx Clear Extreme Niagara pool pump, tank, 3' high pressure hose, stainless steel clamps and backwash hose fittings to connect providing your pools flawless filtration needs. Made for inground pools. THIS FILTER SYSTEM CANNOT BE SOLD IN/SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA OR FLORIDA. Pool pumps, 1 HP or larger, that are sold in/shipped to California and Florida must be variable or 2 speed motors.
- CLEAN AND SAFE WATER - This filter is designed to handle the filtration needs of many of today's pools. It provides a high performance, easy-to-use operating system that filters your inground pool water making it crystal clean and safe for swimming.
- EASY TO INSTALL - The core of these systems is the one-piece blow-molded tank that sits atop a universal base. Includes a top mount, with a 6-position multi-port valve and has a high capacity sand bed to catch more debris and extends filter cycles.
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE - The mighty force of this inground pool pump makes it efficient and an economical choice. The interior consists of the standpipe and laterals. This filter tank comes with a 3-Year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Filter media and hoses are sold separately.
- SEE THROUGH SCREEN - The Extreme Force Pump features a 2-piece strainer cover with clear view port and pool filter basket to catch all the pool debris to ensures free-flowing operations at all times. This pump is designed for maximum performance and economy in an inground swimming pool pump.
Swimming Pool Life Guard Responsibilities
This article examines what it takes to be a good life guard.
In the early 70's, I was responsible for supplying good swimming pool life guards at a local pool. Many individuals have the wrong impression of a life guard. They think that the person, behind the sunglasses, is busy looking cool from their high perch on their chair. They couldn't be more wrong. This article examines what it takes to be a good life guard,
Preparing for the Day
When a life guard arrives on the seen for their tour of duty, they check the following. They make sure first aid equipment close by and updated. Floatation devices are easy to get to. There are no obstacles around the pool area. This means putting pool chairs where they belong. Rescue equipment is easily accessible. In some cases, they check the chlorine in the water. They also check the float ropes that go across the pool, to make sure they are secure. Diving boards are rechecked for safety.
Besides caring for others, they have to keep themselves safe. There is a reason for sunglasses. The glare from the water can cause headaches and eye problems. They often use an umbrella over their chair to prevent the suns rays from burning them. They also need a good sun screen to cut down on the ultraviolet rays. They need non-slip shoes to wear.
Basic Pool Rules
A life guard must enforce the rules and they need a whistle and loud voice to do so. Those rules include no running in the pool area, no horseplay anywhere in the pool area, no hanging on a person in the pool, no glass products in the area, no diving off the edge of the pool and any other rules of safety.
Not anyone can be a life guard. A life guard is an excellent swimmer. They have taken and passed a life guard test and gotten their life guard certificate. Each year this has to be renewed. They also have a certificate in CPR. They are the next best thing to a paramedic.
What Does a Life guard Look for?
Behind those sun glasses, a life guard enforces the rules above. However, they also have to look for things out of the unusual.
They scan the pool for irregular swimming techniques.
They look for someone struggling in the water.
They look for something out of the ordinary and are quick to respond.
Is anyone doing anything dumb?
What is the over all atmosphere of the pool area? Is it laid back or is it very active?
They look at those outside the pool. Do they give an indication of trouble you might have missed?
What is the body language of those in the pool?
A life guard must avoid distractions from those around him. This is why many times a life guard will not start or continue a conversation.
They must continuously scan the pool area from one end to the other.
Note; Some pools have an enforcer that walks around the pool area. They handle everything above and outside the pool. This frees up the guard on their perch to study the water area only.
It is very important that a life guard takes this responsibility seriously.