Best Solar Heating For Swimming Pools in 2021
XtremepowerUS Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System 24"-inch X 10'feet Spa Heater
Sun2Solar Blue 10-Foot-by-16-Foot Rectangle Solar Cover | 1200 Series Style | Heating Blanket for In-Ground and Above-Ground Rectangular Swimming Pools | Use Sun to Heat Pool | Face Bubble-Side Down
- ATTRACTIVE BLUE DESIGN - Sun2Solar solar blankets are made from a film of thousands of tiny bubbles, which work together to collect and retain heat both at night and on those chilly days. The blue color provides an appealing look while also using the sun’s rays to help warm your swimming pool.
- MINIMIZE WATER EVAPORATION - The use of a solar cover helps in preventing up to 95% of pool water evaporation. When not enjoying a refreshing swim, keeping your pool covered lessens the vast amount of water lost into the environment. Fill up your swimming pool less and enjoy it more!
- JUMP INTO WARMTH - Show friends and family your bravery by jumping in without the standard toe dip. Enter the swimming pool confidently knowing the Sun2Solar solar cover has kept the water warm just for you. It’s easy to put on and take off allowing more time for showing off.
- HEAT RETENTION - After everyone has called it a day with wrinkled fingers from too much fun in the sun, make sure to place this solar cover back atop the water. Don’t lose all of that warmth generated throughout the day when the sun sets. Assure your pool’s temperature does not drop too much by protecting it at night through use of a solar blanket.
- TRIM TO FIT - Your pool may be uniquely shaped and getting the right fit is as easy as finding a marker and sharp pair of scissors. Have the bubbles facing down to the water and trace a line on the cover showing where you should cut off the additional material. Do so confidently knowing this won’t affect the manufacturer’s warranty---they understand.
XtremepowerUS Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System 28" X 20'
- XtremepowerUS Panels are built from extremely high-grade materials that are proven to last in all types of weather
- Pools pump and filter system circulates pool water through the SOLAR PANELS when it is heated & then returned to your pool. Once installed, these panels are cost effective, produce no greenhouse gases, and need low to no maintenance. Extend your swimming this year at a low cost with the help from the sun!
- System is designed to be used on above-ground or in-ground pools. Each kit is made of - 2' x 20'ft panels. Each panel is made of lightweight, flexible, durable black polypropylene. The panel tube construction creates a larger surface area which optimizes heat transfer from the sun to your pool
- Quantity of these solar panels needed is dependent on the pool size and the location, which may estimate by some websites.
- Diverter kit may be required for pumps 1.5hp and greater. Sold separately under item number B01FNE41HA
Heliocol Swimming Pool Solar Heating Panel 4' x 12' 6 - HC-50
- INDIVIDUAL TUBE DESIGN: Resists wind lift and protects roof surface from rain rot by allowing increased evaporation of excess moisture. Round tubes also capture more heat.
- UNIBODY CONSTRUCTION: Header is formed over each individual tube and fused together during construction, producing the strongest possible connection.
- OPEN FLOW DESIGN: Each individual tube opens into the header, virtually eliminating back pressure, saving wear and tear on pool pumps.
- MOUNTING SLEDS: Maintain the configuration of individual riser rubes. Prevent wear and tear to both the panel and roof during periods of expansion and contraction.
- PANEL CLAMPS: Patented design allowing panels to be mounted closer together and without the need for rubber hoses and metal clamps. This design increases overall system efficiency and virtually eliminates regular maintenance and replacement.
AB Pool Heat Exchanger 360 kBtu Stainless Steel 316L Same Side Ports 2" & 1 1/2" FPT for Spa/Swimming/Solar Heating and Cooling
- Pool heating capacity up to 29,000 gallon 360 kBtu/hr fresh pool based on 60°C (140°F) temperature difference between incoming heating and heated water
- 1 year warranty to cover manufacturer defects.
- 2" FPT same side for pool water and 1 1/2" FPT for hot water
- Various applications: Pool/spa/hot tub heating, outdoor wood furnaces, hydronic heating, forced air heating, floor radiant heating, snow melting, solar water heating
Solar Sun Rings Sunburst Design 6 Pack
- Can be easily placed and removed by one person within a few minutes
- Can be flipped over to decrease water temperature if desired
- Center section is now welded to the bottom of the outer ring, increasing the heat out
- Magnets on the corners attract and keep other rings together
- Grommets on the inner grid allow for easy drainage of excess water
Smartpool S601P SunHeater Solar Heating System for In Ground Pool
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
SSR SSRA-100 Solar Sun Rings Pool Water Heater w/ Anchors (3 Pack)
- Solar Sun Rings are passive solar swimming pool heating devices, constructed from two layers of U.V. resistant vinyl.
- The upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer which absorbs about 50% of the sunlight, converting it to heat.
- The remaining sunlight filters through the ring into your pool water.
- Rings are inflatable, 60 in. in diameter. Do not over inflate. Do not use as a flotation device.
- Coverage: Solar Sun Rings are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for two years. Warranty is limited to materials and workmanship.
SunQuest 6-2X12 Solar Swimming Pool Heater Complete System with Roof Kits
- SunQuest Solar panels are designed for both In-ground and Above-ground swimming pools
- MAX-FLOW design with 2" OD headers - better water circulation - less back pressure on your pump.
- Compatible with your existing pool pump.
- Increases pool water temperature up to 10 degrees.
- SunQuest is an easy do-it-yourself installation.
Thermo-Tex 16'x32' Rectangle Swimming Pool Solar Cover, 5-Year
- Thermo-Tex Solar Pool Covers will extend your Swimming Season and lower your operating costs.
- According to the US Department of Energy, solar pool covers reduce chemical consumption, reduce pool heating costs, and reduce water evaporation. "U.S. Department of Energy"
- Thermo-Tex Solar Pool Covers are made from high quality, UV stabilized polymers that resist degradation caused by the sun and pool chemicals.
- Lighter weight design makes it easier to put on and take off of your pool.
- 5 Year manufacturer’s limited warranty. Made in USA and Canada.
SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System, Two 2â€™ x 20â€™ Panels â€“ Solar Swimming Pool Heater For Inground and Aboveground Pools, Made of Durable Polypropylene, Raises Temperature 6-10Â°F, S240U
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector, solar heater features two threaded-elbow adapters
- Pool accessory has four end caps, four stainless steel hose clamps, one roll of Teflon tape, one rubber connector hose, includes bonus Solar Pill
- Trilingual installation/operation manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
How to Install a Solar Heater in Your Pool
The simplest and least expensive way to warm an unheated pool is through a solar panel.
By preventing evaporation (which can account for up to 55 percent of a pool's heat loss) while still permitting sunlight to warm the water, a plastic cover can raise the temperature of a pool by as much as 10° F. on a sunny day. Used in conjunction with a conventional heater, a pool blanket can pay for itself over a single season in reduced energy bills.
But full-fledged solar systems, available from solar equipment-dealers and from some pool-supply stores, are even more effective. Most pools are heated to around 80° F; in warm weather, a solar system can do the job unaided by a standard gas or electric heater. In cooler weather it can save considerable energy by preheating the water before it passes into the conventional heater.
Because the basic plumbing necessary to circulate the water through the solar collector panels is already included in the pool's filter system, a solar heating loop need only tap into the existing pipes- usually at a point just beyond the filter but before the conventional heater, if any.
A one-way check valve prevents water from draining back into the filter from the elevated collectors, and a manual or thermostatically-controlled gate valve allows pool water to bypass the solar heater on cloudy days, or whenever the pool has heated up sufficiently. The existing swimming-pool pump will often be powerful enough to circulate water through the panels, but the panel manufacturer or dealer may recommend that you retrofit a larger pump.
Solar collector panels for pool heating are simpler and lighter than the ones that are designed for hot-water systems, requiring no insulation or glazing. Many are copper; others are merely 3-by-8-foot sheets of molded plastic, honeycombed with channels through which the water circulates.
The panels must be mounted on a roof and oriented toward the sun in the same manner as other solar collectors. If nearby south-facing roof surfaces do not provide the proper angle, you can secure the panels to an inclined roof rack, but covered with %-inch plywood (the lightweight pool panels will sag in the middle if they are not supported). In many cases, however, the simplest way to mount the collectors is to build a nearby cabana-style shelter with its roof oriented due south and pitched at an angle equaling your latitude.
To heat the water adequately, you will need collector panels with a total surface area equal to half the area of your pool. To ease installation, use schedule-40 PVC pipe and, whenever possible, PVC valves and fittings to make the plumbing connections. Buy the type of pipe that is specifically labeled for outdoor use; the plastic is formulated with a stabilizer that enables it to withstand prolonged exposure to sunlight. The PVC pipe ordinarily used for indoor plumbing degrades rapidly in the sun and must be painted if it is used outside the house. You can buy pipe, fittings, and any other hardware not included with the panels, at plumbing and home-improvement stores.