Best Swim Raft in 2023
Aqua 4-in-1 Monterey Hammock Inflatable Pool Float, Multi-Purpose Pool Hammock (Saddle, Lounge Chair, Hammock, Drifter) Pool Chair, Portable Water Hammock, Pink/White Stripe
- EASIEST POOL FLOAT to GET ON OR OFF Seat rests in water--no jumping no ladders no flopping
- THE MOST VERSATILE POOL FLOAT 4-in-1 Design Converts to a Hammock Chair Drifter or Exercise Saddle US Patent No 10011330
- WATER HAMMOCK Great in pool float lake float ocean float Best for people 4’ to 6’ tall
- EZ ON-OFF POOL FLOAT Great for Seniors and Expectant Moms
- SUPERIOR BOUYANCY: Thicker material than most other pool floats; Comfortably suspends you in the water and contours comfortably to your desired floating position
- PACK 'N GO DESIGN Compact and quick to inflate Perfect for a day at the pool or a week away on vacation
- #1 CUSTOMER COMMENT “Easiest pool float to get on and get off of while in the water ”
- DIMENSIONS 44” x 28” (112 cm x 71 cm) AGES 15+ and up Weight Capacity 250 Lbs
Intex Tote-N-Float Wave Inflatable Air Mat, 90-Inch X 34-Inch, 1-Piece (Color May Vary)
- Built in pillow chamber
- Sturdy 10 ga Vinyl
- Easy roll-up when deflated
- Double sealed edges, 2 air chambers
SwimWays Original Spring Float - Floating Swim Hammock for Pool or Lake - Dark Blue/Light Blue
- MULTI-USE: The perfect floating hammock for relaxing and socializing with friends, this spring float is ideal for floating at the lake or in the pool!
- DURABLE: Patented inner spring around the outside edge of the float provides greater comfort and stability in the water
- ULTIMATE COMFORT: Relax on the soft, cooling mesh bed, oversized pillow, and durable fabric-covered inflation
- PORTABLE: Folds flat into three compact circles for portability and storage (carry bag included) – a great choice for travel!
- DIMENSIONS: Measures (when fully inflated) 69"L x 35"W x 5.5"H and supports most adults up to 250 lbs. Recommended for ages 15 and up
Intex King Kool Inflatable Lounge, 63" X 33.5" , 1 Pack (Colors May Vary)
- Transparent top with multi-colored I beams
- Drink holder, arm rests and backrests
- Repair patch comes with it
- Great pool comfort
- Great for floating the pool in comfort.
- This lounge comes in 2 assorted colors Clear top, blue or gold vinyl bottom. Cannot specify color.
Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge, 60" X 39", 1 Pack (Colors May Vary)
- 60" x 39"
- Unique design for extra fun
- 2 handles for stability
- Colors May Vary
- Includes repair patch
Set of 2 Intex MAT Relax-a-mat Float Water Swim Green Pool Lake Raft Tube Flotation
- 2 Matts
- 72 In , 27 in
- hot pink
Intex River Run I Sport Lounge, Inflatable Water Float, 53" Diameter
- Have fun floating in the pool or at the lake with the Index River run I
- Designed with a built-in backrest for easy cruising and a mesh bottom that keeps you cool
- An all around grab rope is included for ease of use
- 53 inches Diameter circle
- Mesh bottom to keep cool
- Built in backrest for comfort
- 2 heavy duty handles
- 2 cup holders
Intex Giant Inflatable Floating Mat, 114" X 84"
- Relax with friends on the giant floating mat
- New design for optimal comfort keeps you right at the water surface, letting just enough water in to keep you cool
- Features Intex connect 'N float connectors for use with other floats
- 114'' x 84'', 20ga vinyl
- Folds small for storage
Swimline Suntan Tub ,70" x 46" (178 cm x 117 cm)
- Fill with water for extra cool ride
- Ultimate Comfort
- For ages 13 and above
- 70" x 46" (178 cm x 117 cm)
Poolmaster 85598 Paradise Chair Swimming Pool Float
- For upright sitting and lounging on the water in comfort
- Large-profile contoured back and arm rests
- Comfortable inflatable center seat; integrated head rest
- Two integrated beverage pockets
- 44 x 37-inches (approximate deflated size); recommended for adults
Kelsyus Floating Lounger Pool Float
- The Kelsyus Floating Lounger is a fabric-covered inflatable floating chair perfect for relaxing in the lake or pool.
- Features a comfortable mesh seat, integrated backrest, ottoman and cup holder.
- Patented inner spring around the outside edge ensures greater comfort and stability while floating.
- Side clips allow tethering to dock, boat, or other Kelsyus float products.
- Folds flat and compact for easy portability and storage.
Spring Has Arrived and so Have the Carpenter Bees
I have a deck on the front of my house, and it is unpainted wood. I enjoy it, and so do the kids. Today we were heading outside for some fun in the sun, and as I looked around I noticed some pretty large bees hanging around the rafters of my porch
Back inside I have since found out these pests are carpenter bees. They bore into wood to create their long tunneling nests.They are actually about one inch in size. The Queen will dig tunnels sometimes 4 feet long, and she may reinhabit or add to a nest already started from the previous year. She drill's her holes and lays her eggs in the long chamber. She lays one egg at a time, leaving food with it and then covers the hole, before laying the next egg. The male bee's fly around the outside of the next like a " protector" of the Queen, the funny thing is they do not have a stinger. The Queen has the stinger, but the male can bite. These insects are not aggressive though and would rather not sting or bite someone.
Carpenter bees like untreated wood the best, and these pests are capable of doing serious structural damage. They will drill a nest anywhere including Decks, fence post's, window frames etc. If its wood then they can make it work.The holes appear just to be an inch or two deep at first glance. But that obviously is not the case. The larvae development only takes 5 or 6 weeks, so in late summer to early fall you have new adults flying around. You need to treat this problem as soon as you realize that you have one, because it will not just go away on its own. They can return to the same spot to hibernate for winter.
A perfectly round opening marks the spot of a carpenter bees nest, So now that we have a little bit of information on these pesky insects. Lets focus on ways to get rid of them.
You can pre-treat your wood with a good insecticide to prevent the problem. Now you can always call an exterminator, but myself I try and solve the problem as cost effective as I can. So here are some tips I have found and heard:
The easiest way is to plug the hole with putty or caulk. This really works and the Bee's do not drill back out for some reason. Then I would treat your wood to prevent another infestation.
You can also use any insecticide that list bees, this will work on carpenter bees. Spray in and around the wood thoroughly, then I would plug the holes and treat the wood as well.
And hopefully at that point you and your family can enjoy a carpenter bee free spring.