Best Swim Workout Apps in 2022
- Quickly create a workout
- Share and view workouts with an online community
- Easily email the workout
- Save workouts for later use
- Organize workouts based on distance, date, or name
Fitter and Faster Swim Videos
- get your favorite swim videos any time, any where!
- learn from Olympians, record holders, and prolific coaches all in one place
- In-depth instructions for every level of swimmer
Ben Greenfield Fitness
- - Weekly health and fitness episodes jam-packed with the latest cutting-edge scientific research and advice
- - Insider interviews with the world's leading experts in performance and nutrition
- - Special exclusive "extra" podcast episodes with Ben and surprise guests*
- - Entertaining video clips straight from Ben with practical lifestyle tips - including stuff you won't find on Ben's YouTube channel or website*
- - Free exercise training routines with video examples to follow along with on your phone*
- - Downloadable .pdf’s and pictures to accompany your cutting-edge fitness content*
- - And much more!
Nesee Smart Watch for Android iOS Phone, Activity Fitness Tracker Watches Health Exercise Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Sleep Monitor Compatible with Apple iPhone for Men Wome
- 【Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】: Data full accuracy and battery life is longer! Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle. Takes only 1-2 hours to fully charge and lasts up to 15-30 days standby.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking & Breathe】: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes, sleep status and more. Stay motivated all day! Help you regulate your breathing and relax your mood.
- 【Touchscreen & Smart Notification】： activity tracker with an adjustable brightness 1.3in touch screen. Receive call, SMS and SNS (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other apps) notifications, including alarm/schedule will remind you by vibration.
- 【24/7 heart rate monitor】: Continuous, accurate heart rate data and 6 heart rate target zones (Regular, Warm-up, Fat-burning, Aerobic, Anaerobic, Extreme) provides clear workout guidance. Help you find the right workout intensity for your goals. Moreover, it also records data of fatigue, steps, sleep, distance and calories burn.
- 【LIFETIME MONEY BACK! 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】: Our products are rigorously tested and made with love because we believe that you deserve the best. We remove all risk. You have absolutely no need to worry about getting a dud product as we promise to return your money if you are not happy with your purchase.
Serpentine Swimming Club
Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS, 40mm) - Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band
- Always-On Retina display
- 30% larger screen
- ECG app
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
- Built-in compass
- Emergency SOS
- Fall detection
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker, Graphite/Black, One Size (S & L Bands Included)
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); Charge time (0 to100 percent) 2 hours
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit Today. Operating temperature is -10° to 45° Celsius
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 Meters so you can track swims and wear in the shower; We do not recommend wearing Charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna; Also connect to smartphone GPS for real time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get call, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist; Small wristband Fits a wrist between 5.5 to 7.1 inches; Large wristband Fits a wrist between 7.1 to 8.7 inches
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0. Syncing range up to 6 meters
Fitbit Versa 2 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music, Alexa Built-in, Sleep & Swim Tracking, Black/Carbon, One Size (S & L Bands Included)
- Use Amazon Alexa Built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; Amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, Sleep Score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night; Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is US only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24/ 7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed. Syncing range - up to 6.1 metres
- Works around the clock with 6 plus day battery life (varies with use and other factors)
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby; Plus send quick replies and voice replies on Android only
Swimming Tips: Rebuilding Swimming Fitness After a Lapse
Returning to swimming for exercise is difficult after a break. These 5 swimming tips will help you maximize your swimming workout, build yardage, and meet your ultimate fitness goals.
Whether injury, laziness, or just too busy; we have all taken a break from regular exercise at one time or another. In my early 20's I had reconstructive surgery on both knees to repair torn anterior cruciate ligaments. The rehabilitation was excruciating. Coming from a competitive swimming background in high school, I found that lap swimming was therapy and exercise that was easy on my knees. I continued swimming for exercise through the rest of college and into my teaching career.
After nearly 8 years out of the water, I have recently returned to the pool to rebuild my swimming fitness. After so long on dry land, I am frustrated that I can't swim nearly as far or as well as I used to. Does this sound familiar? If so, following these five tips can help you rebuild your swimming workout just like they did for me.
1. Forgive yourself.
Starting out with a punishing workout will leave you sore and discouraged. It also means you are less likely to return to the pool in the future. So, forgive your exercise lapse and understand that you may have lost some strength and endurance as a result. Being prepared for small setbacks keeps frustration to a minimum and keeps you coming back for more.
2. Start small.
I used to swim nearly 7000 yards at a time at the peak of my competitive career. Now I find that number daunting. My first workout this summer consisted of 1000 yards, broken into 100-yard segments. Aim for a similar goal when you return to the pool. Break your swim into 50-yard segments or even smaller if you need to. Remember that even the best swimmers are very inefficient in the water. Completing 1000 yards is still a workout if you have been out of the pool for any length of time.
3. Increase your rest time.
In addition to starting with a shorter yardage, increasing your rest time will help you finish that first workout. Your muscles have to work harder to breathe when you are submerged because of the increased pressure that water creates against your body. Adding a few extra seconds to each rest interval allows your body more time to recover between sets, and gives you that little bit of extra oxygen too.
4. Incorporate isolated stroke work.
In my first few workouts I found that my strokes often felt awkward and my breath timing was out of sync. It was harder to breathe and I didn't feel as though I could move myself through the water as efficiently as I used to. Isolating the arm and leg portions of each stroke helped me find my groove again. Incorporating stroke work like kicking with a kickboard and pulling using hand paddles refines your stroke and helps rebuild stroke efficiency. Swimming with hand paddles also allows you to reset your breath timing to get the biggest breath each time. Stroke work will ultimately help you swim further faster by refining your strokes.