Best Swim Workouts For Beginners in 2021
Swim Workouts for Triathletes: Practical Workouts to Build Speed, Strength, and Endurance (Workouts in a Binder)
The Fit Swimmer: 120 Workouts & Training Tips
The Waterproof Coach: The Waterproof Workout Book for Fitness Swimmers and Triathletes
IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAVE SWIM LOG BOOK: Swim Workouts Tracker Swimmers Training Practice Workout Journal - Motivational Swimming Quote Cool Swimmer Graphic Cover.
SWIM LOG BOOK: Swim Workouts Tracker Swimmers Training Practice Workout Journal - Cool Swimming Heartbeat Cover.
Swim Speed Workouts for Swimmers and Triathletes: The Breakout Plan for Your Fastest Freestyle (Swim Speed Series)
Swim Speed Secrets: Master the Freestyle Technique Used by the World's Fastest Swimmers (Swim Speed Series)
Eat Sleep Swim Repeat | My Swimming Journal: Blank Lined Swimming Journals(6"x9") 110 pages, Gifts for men and women who love to swim.
Make the Pool Your Gym: No-Impact Water Workouts for Getting Fit, Building Strength and Rehabbing from Injury
Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way To Swim Better, Faster, and Easier
Swim, Bike, Run, Eat: The Complete Guide to Fueling Your Triathlon
Quick workout for swimmers without coaches or for coaches looking to vary their existing workouts.
* Stretching - 10 minutes
* Warm up - 1000 yard freestyle intensity - moderate
* Set #1 - 10 x 100 yard freestyle intensity - moderate rest - brief
* Set #2 - 10 x 100 yard IM intensity - elevated rest - extended
* Set #3 - 5 x 200 yard freestyle intensity - moderate rest - brief
* Set #4 - 5 x 200 yard (coach assign stroke) intensity - elevated rest - extended
* Set #5 - 20 x 50 yard (coach assign stroke) intensity - elevated rest - brief
* Set #6 - 20 x 25 yard underwater intensity - elevated rest - brief
* Warm down - 500 yard freestyle intensity - moderate
Use the intensity and rest parameters to gauge your cycle time for each set. For example, Set # 1 might be done on a 1:15 cycle while Set #3 might be on a 2:40 cycle. You will have to judge your ability level to determine the correct cycle. Be honest about your ability so you can properly determine these times. This is a general workout and not designed for sprinters or distance swimmers.
Dry land work
Swimmers cannot rely on water work only to be successful. They need strength and endurance training on land to supplement their water work. I suggest that even advance swimmers do not train on land more than 5 days per week. In these 5 days, I suggest training with weights on only 3 of these days. The other 2 days should be used as days in which swimmers perform exercises without weights. I, also, suggest running 2 days per week on your days without weights. Here is the break down of my dry land work. Monday - Wednesday - Friday do weight training while Tuesday - Thursday without weights.
* Flat Bench Press 3 sets of 12 reps
* Lat Pull downs 3 sets of 12 reps
* Seated Rows 3 sets of 12 reps
* Seated Curls (dumbbells) 3 sets of 12 reps
* Cable Pushdowns 3 sets of 12 reps
* Shoulder Press 3 sets of 12 reps
* Lateral Raise (dumbbells) 3 sets of 12 reps
* Squats 3 sets of 12 reps
* Pull ups (wide grip) 3 sets of 15 reps
* Push ups 3 sets of 15 reps
* Sit ups 4 sets of 50 reps
* Jump rope 10 minutes
* Run stairs 20 minutes
As with any workout consult a physician before working out and advise of your workout plans. If any point you feel pain or faintness please stop and consult a physician.
I hope this gives you some guidance or helps spice up your existing workouts. Competitive swimmers need to be challenged each and every set they swim. They need to train just as hard on dry land. Keep them motivated. Swimming can get pretty monotonous practice after practice. Good luck out there.