11 Best Swimming Pool Water Test Kit
Updated on: March 2023
Best Swimming Pool Water Test Kit in 2023
JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips - 100 Strip Pack, Test pH, Chlorine, Bromine, Hardness and More, Accurate 6-in-1 Swimming Pool Water Testing
Poolmaster 22211 Smart Test 4-Way Swimming Pool and Spa Water Chemistry Test Strips, 50 count (Pack of 1)
- For maintaining healthy water chemistry in swimming pool or spa
- Analyzes four chemical factors; free chlorine, bromine, alkalinity and pH
- Dip in water for instant reading; no-bleed pads give accurate color reading
- Comes in easy-to-store container
- Contains 50 strips per kit
AquaChek 551236 7-Way 100 Count Pool Water Test Strips
- 7-Way Strips Measure:Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Bromine, Total Hardness, Total Alkalinity, pH and Cyanuric Acid
- Just dip and wait 15 seconds
- Includes a reusable color chart comparator( The reusable color chart comparator is the color chart on the side of the bottle)
Taylor Technologies K-2005 Pool Test Kit, Complete Kit
- Includes .75 oz reagent bottles
- High Range (HR) kit
TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD
- Country Of Origin: China
- Model Number: K-2006
- Item Package Dimensions: 9.099999990718" L x 5.599999994288" W x 3.899999996022" H
- Item Package Weight: 2.35012771292 lb
Poolmaster 22270 5-Way Swimming Pool or Spa Water Chemeistry Test Kit with Case, Premier Collection
- For maintaining proper water chemistry; Tests for Chlorine, Bromine, pH, Acid Demand, and Total Alkalinity
- Includes clear-view round test block with integrated color chips for accurate color matching
- Includes 1oz. solutions of #1-#3 and 1/2oz. solutions of #4 – #5; (Note: #2 Phenol Red is not the same as Phenol Red – DO NOT interchange)
- #2 Phenol Red is for use with 5-Way Test Kits and Phenol Red is for use with 2 or 3-Way Test Kits
- Note: The #1 solution is sealed to comply with transportation regulations. No other solutions in this kit require sealed caps.
LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit
- Features a photometer which gives you a digital reading of test results.
- Water resistant housing and carrying case provided.
- Tests Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Bromine, PH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, and Cyanuric Acid.
- Uses liquid reagents for all test factors except Cyanuric Acid, which uses tablets.
U.S. Pool Supply Standard 3-Way Swimming Pool & Spa Test Kit, Tests Water for pH, Chlorine and Bromine
- Professional 3-way water test kit for maintaining proper Chlorine, Bromine and pH chemical levels in swimming pools and spas
- Kit includes a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle of OTO (Orthotolidine) Chlorine Test Solution and a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle of Phenol Red pH Test Solution
- Includes clear view water testing block with accurate measuring scale and integrated color markings for the chemical levels
- Comes with a user guide and it all stores in a polyethylene case
- Easy to use, just fill each test tube with pool water, add 5 drops of the proper solution into each test tube, put the test tube caps on, shake the testing block then check the Chloride, Bromine and pH readings
Taylor Swimming Pool & Spa Water 4-In-1 Chlorine Bromine pH Test Kit | K-1003
- Keep your swimming pool, hot tub, or spa safe with this convenient
- Over 100 tests for chlorine, bromine, pH, and total alkalinity
- Color coded instructions are provided to ensure correct results
- Simple tests are easy to perform and extremely accurate
- Easier to use than strip-type tests
Blue Devil 5-Way OTO Swimming Pool Test Kit- Chlorine/Bromine, pH, Alkalinity and Acid Demand, Includes Easy to Read Vials
- 5-WAY TESTING: Test the Chlorine/Bromine, pH, Alkalinity and Acid demand levels of your pool
- EASY TO USE: Comes with an easy to read color comparator and testing vials
- COMPACT STORAGE: Store all the supplies in the plastic storage case provided!
- MULTIPLE USES: Use the kit to test chemical levels year after year
- INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED: Don't second guess your testing, use the included instructions!
LaMotte ColorQ Pro 11 Digital Liquid Pool & Spa Chemical Water Testing Kit
- Only 5 drops for each liquid reagent required for test.
- No color matching.
- Trilingual instructions (English, Spanish and French).
- 6-month warranty on parts and workmanship.
- 5 minute auto-off function protects the battery life (2 AA batteries included).
The Health Risks and Dangers of a Swimming Pool
There's nothing more refreshing than hitting a beach or going for a dip in a swimming pool. It is also important to keep in mind the dangers that this swimming pools present to our health.
Chlorine is used as a way to keep the pool water safe and free from bacteria. If a pool contains too much chlorine this might be ingested and when in high quantities may cause poisoning and stomach problems. Be sure to check the level of the chlorine in the swimming pool. Too much chlorine is bad but so too is a low level of chlorine. If your swimming pool contains little amount it might not do what it was intended to do and kill harmful bacteria in the pool.
Water from a swimming pool is exposed to the elements. People who go for a swim in a swimming pool expose themselves to the waters which may have been infected by other people. Public pools have no screening procedures for people who go to pools. When you go for a swim in a pool there is the danger of you ingesting this bacteria's directly into your body. It is important that you maintain your optimum health and take antibiotics upon first signals of illness or infections.
Water and electricity do not mix. Be sure to keep electrical devices and sockets away from the pool. Electric accidents are not uncommon and this is often one of the causes for fatalities in swimming pool accidents. Just in case someone gets electrocuted be sure not to follow or touch them, you must first remove the socket from the outlet first before going in.
When going in for a dip in the pool you should always have some form of sun protection. Sunburns can be very painful and can cause skin damage. A sun tan with enough SPF protection should be used to protect your skin from over exposure to the sun. if you get sunburned place a lotion or cool the affected area immediately. Prevent going into water as the chlorine in the swimming pool may irritate the damage portions of your skin.
If you are not a good swimmer check out to see if the level of the pool is still manageable. Certain pools are shallow at one end and deep at the other. If you have someone who is a good swimmer let them check it out first. Go to a pool with a lifeguard to make sure that you are being watched all the time and there is someone who is capable of giving first aid.
Diving boards are the most dangerous equipment to be found in a swimming pool. Be sure that you are a good swimmer as the area located below the board may be the deepest part of the swimming pool. Make sure that you don't slip when jumping from the jumping board as this may cause an uncontrollable fall. Dangerous injuries such as broken bones and fractures are one of the leading injuries from diving boards.
The best prevention for swimming pool accidents is to have a certified lifeguard or someone who knows how to swim always beside you. Drowning is always a danger when people go to pools.