Best Swimming Races in 2022
US Swimming Pool Race Game: Summer Sports Water Challenge
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggles, Panoramic, Anti-Glare, Anti-Fog with UV Protection
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Wide panoramic lens for extended view
- Cushioned Silicone Seals
- Four nosepiece options
Secrets of Race Pace Swimming: A Definitive Guide to Implementing Race Pace Training and Produce Faster Competitive Swimmers
Your First Triathlon, 2nd Ed.: Race-Ready in 5 Hours a Week
arena Cobra Core Swim Goggles, Silver / Green, Mirror
- The newest member of the legendary Cobra goggle family, the Cobra Core’s design features the same incredible hydrodynamics and extended lateral vision as the Cobra Ultra in a comfortable and streamlined design
- This goggle features arena’s No Leak, No Fog, Max Comfort technology that will allow you to perform your best during training or racing
- The Cobra Core provides impressive forward visibility and speed in an aggressive design utilizing greater lens depth for enhanced comfort and eyelash clearance
- All Cobra Core goggles are constructed from ultra-premium Japanese TPE and feature a dual silicone head strap, a 5-level interchangeable nose bridge, and high performance polycarbonate lenses offering maximum impact resistance with unparalleled clarity
- These goggles are available with mirrored or non-mirrored lenses; Extra shading against light for outdoor swimming, frequent use in well-lit pools and in competitions
Swimming Race with Referee's Whistle and Splash
Swimming to Antarctica: Tales of a Long-Distance Swimmer (Alex Awards (Awards))
Fairy Mermaid Swimming Race
- Ultimate mermaid racing simulator
- Different pretty mermaids to play for
- Wide range of fascinating underwater tracks
- Two game modes – racing and scouting
- Amazing 3D graphics
Swim Workouts for Triathletes: Practical Workouts to Build Speed, Strength, and Endurance (Workouts in a Binder)
- Waterproof, spiral-bound pages with big fonts for easy reading through goggles
- The 10 best drills for improved freestyle performance
- 30-minute sessions to fit a quality workout into a busy day
- Open-water workouts to get ready for race day
- Beginner & advanced swim sets for each workout
- 4 training plans for sprint, Olympic & half-Ironman, Ironman, and general fitness
- Take Swim Workouts for Triathletes with you to the pool and you’ll strengthen your swim and become a faster triathlete.
- Spiral-bound waterproof paper with 4-color interior 5 in. x 7 in., 120 pages.
ALove Boyleg Sports Bathing Suits for Women Race Athletic One Piece Swimsuit XL Yellow
- Athletic boyleg one piece swimsuits offer maximum coverage,casual and totally no see through
- Built-in pad with elastic band provide extra support and shape for your perfect swimming experience
- Sports swimwear feature quick dry,UPF 50+ protection,chlorine resistant,reduce resistance of seawater
- Scoop neckline,racerback,boyshort,color splicing,front lining,wide strap,ergonomic crop,slim fit
- Designed for performance ,ALove training bathing suit is ideal for swimming,racing,surfing and snorkeling
Missy Franklin: Profile of an Olympic Dream That Could Come True
Missy Franklin has already set some U.S. swimming records, but she will look to add to those records in London.
Missy Franklin has a few more responsibilities than the average 17-year-old, mostly because she is tuning up to start chasing gold medals in the 2020 London Olympic Games. In fact, according to ESPN, Franklin has qualified to swim in more events at the Olympics than any female American swimmer ever has with seven.
Without a doubt the stage is set for this United States medal hopeful to blossom into an international superstar, and she certainly has the tools to do it. Her electric performance at the U.S. Olympic trials gave spectators a peak at what she is capable of, and Missy will look to build on that performance and improve those times even more to capture some hardware in England.
With composure and confidence of a much older swimmer, According to USASwimming.org, Franklin set a new American record in the 100-meter backstroke with a time of 58.85 seconds. Not bad for a girl who will enter her senior year of high school this fall. Despite the pressure of the Olympics and international media attention, Missy Franklin has maintained a cool demeanor. That demeanor will be tested when she jumps into the pool versus the world's best swimmers; her support structure, including her parents, will be there every step of the way to cheer her on when she starts to compete.
Here's a little more about the teen-aged swimming sensation for Team USA:
Full Name: Melissa Jeanette Franklin
Birthday: May 10, 1995
Birthplace: Pasadena, California
Hometown: Centennial, Colorado
Interesting fact: Franklin has size 13 women's feet
Family: Missy is the daughter of Dick and D.A. Franklin
Finding her on the web: On Twitter @FranklinMissy and on Facebook
Events she competing in: Missy Franklin will be competing in four individual events at the Olympics in London: 100-meter and 200-meter freestyle and the 100-meter and 200-meter backstroke. In addition, the budding star will participate in three relay events: the 4x100-meter and 4x200-meter freestyle and the 4x100-meter medley relay.
Previous swimming experience: Franklin took home five medals from the 2020 FINA World Championships, including three gold (200m backstroke, 4x100m medley relay, and the 4x200m medley relay). She was also the 2020-2020 USA Swimming Grand Prix Champion.
Side note: Franklin has dual citizenship, because both her parents are originally from Canada, but she opted to attempt to compete for the United States. Now the stage is set for what could be a record-setting performance by a female swimmer in London 2020.
Jason Gallagher has been a fan of the Olympics for decades and enjoys following swimmer, soccer, track and field, and gymnastics.