Best Triathlon Swim Socks in 2022
blueseventy Thermal Swim Socks - for Triathlon Training and Cold Open Water Swimming (Large)
Water Socks Neoprene Socks Beach Booties Shoes 3mm Glued Blind Stitched Anti-Slip Wetsuit Boots Fin Swim Socks for Water Sports Outdoor Activities Home Slippers(3mm Low Cut/Black,S)
- 【SKIN-FRIENDLY 3MM NEOPRENE SOCKS】 OMGear neoprene water socks made by 3mm quality＆softy neoprene with 4-way stretchy nylon laminated,which is healthy,elastic and durable,can last long even frequent use and protect your feet from cut,puncture,scratch and cold water.
- 【LOW CUT DESIGN WITH ADJUSTABLE STRAP AND ELASTIC LOOP】Low cut design provide more flexible using experience.The adjustable strap can make the welt cover your ankle tightly, prevent sands or other small things coming in.The elastic loop on the heel part can be helpful for easily getting socks on and off.In addition,you can hang your socks on fins or wall easily with this loop.
- 【REINFORCED AND ANTI-SLIP SOLE】Reinforced and rubber printing sole,can be abrasion resistant,tearing resistant and anti-slip.When you ware this neoprene fin socks,you can walk on sandy,rugged or slippery environment without feeling dangerous or uncomfortable.
- 【GLUED BLIND STITCHING】Glued＆blind stitched seams and elastic strap on ankle minimize water coming in,keeps your feet warm,snug and cozy.
- 【BARE-FEET FEELING FOR VERSATILE USING】Your feet will be protected without letting you feel that you are wearing the socks.This flexible and bare-feet feeling neoprene socks are suitable for many watersports＆outdoors activities,What’s more,you can use it as slippers at home.
TYR 1TSOC6AL Neoprene Swim Socks, Black, Large
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested to give you the edge in all your activities
- Used by both professional and recreational users
Seavenger Zephyr 3mm Neoprene Socks | Wetsuit Booties for Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Swimming (Black, Small)
- CONSERVES BODY HEAT — 3mm neoprene provides insulation for cooler waters.
- SUPER STRETCHY — 4-way stretch material forms to your foot for a comfortable fit.
- RELIABLE DURABILITY — Glued and blindstitched seams minimize water flow and maintain strength.
- MULTI-USE SOCKS — Ideal accessory for snorkeling, diving, water aerobics and other water sports.
- NON-SLIP GRIP — Dotted silkscreen sole keeps you from slipping or falling.
Synergy Swim Socks Neoprene Swim Booties (Large)
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY EQUALS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - 2.5mm insulating neoprene booties for superior heat retention.
- EXCEPTIONAL FUNCTIONALITY – Long hose with smoothskin lining greatly reduces water entry.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - Durable and flexible swim socks with silicone thread helps keep your swim booties in place.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - 30-Day Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied within 30-days, send it back for a full refund.
ZaTech no show compression socks (Black, Medium)
- ✅ UNPARALLELED PERFORMANCE SOCKS - Arch, Plantar, Heel Cup and Achilles Support Zones featuring ZaTech’s unique compression technology built around target layers that work perfectly together to support, lift and stabilize the Plantar Fascia, increase stability of the foot, boost performance, endurance, stamina, circulation and recovery.
- ✅ BECAUSE DESIGN MATTERS - real anatomical Left and Right foot design without cushioning with seamless toe closure providing unique second skin fit. Designed with targeted compression layers specific to the left and right foot for great comfort all day long.
- ✅ TREAT FOR THE FEET - Lightweight, moisture wicking, quick drying materials with breathable mesh zones to improve airflow and performance. Prevent foot swelling and may help alleviate pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis symptoms related to stress, fractures, heel pain, achilles tendonitis, arch and ball pain by improving circulation and oxygen delivery to your muscles and reducing inflammation and expediting the healing process.
- ✅ YOUR NEW GO TO SOCKS - ZaTech No Show socks feature a low profile cut for a clean and discrete look. Perfect choice for all sports: running, fitness, cross fit, football, lacrosse, tennis, basketball, golf, soccer, zumba – you name it.
- ✅ BECAUSE QUALITY MATTERS – ZaTech socks are made from high end synthetic fibers, made in the European Union, using the latest manufacturing technologies to guarantee quality and increase durability.
blueseventy Thermal Swim Gloves - for Triathlon Training and Cold Open Water Swimming - Small
- METAL CELL LINER - which stops water absorption. This means that the body has less water to heat, thus making the gloves noticeably warmer than the standard models.
- SCS COATING - acts to make the gloves both easier to get on and off as well as improving their hydrodynamic profile.
- LONGER LENGTH CUFF - prevents water entry and increases warmth at the wrists.
- NON-WEBBED DESIGN - Offers natural feel for the water making it ideal for open water specific training
- ALSO GREAT FOR - keeping your fingers dry and warm in foul bike riding weather
blueseventy Thermal Neoprene Skull Cap - for Triathlon Training and Cold Open Water Swimming (Small)
- INSULATED - 3mm Yamamoto SCS coated Neoprene with full zirconium lining for insulation
- COMFORT FIT - Flexible central panel enhances fit. Strap provides secure fit maximizing warmth around the ears and chin
- PERFECT FOR - open water swimming and triathlon training
- GREAT MATERIALS - that are durable, comfortable, and keep you warm in chilly waters. Can use bright colored swim cap over the top for enhanced visibility
- LONGER SWIM SEASON - the blueseventy Thermal Skull Cap will allow you to get into the water sooner and swim later into the season
Speed Hound Swim Buoy - Open Water Swim Buoy Flotation Device with Dry Bag and Waterproof Cell Phone Case (High Vis Pink) for Swimmers, Triathletes, and Snorkelers. Floats for Safer Swims
- Highly Visible in Lakes, Oceans, and other Open Water: The Pink color is specially designed to be extremely bright and noticeable against water for boats, kayaks, canoes, surfers and paddle boarders to see you. Created by an Ironman triathlete who rely on this for personal safety.
- Includes Dry Bag and Bonus Cell Phone Case: This buoy has a large dry bag compartment that can hold personal items such as keys, ID, credit cards, money, goggles, phone and water shoes. We also included a bonus cell phone specific dry bag that will fit most cell phones. Putting the cell phone bag inside the buoy compartment ensures that your expensive phone has double protection from moisture .
- For Swimmers, Snorklers, and Triathletes: Take this bag with you wherever you are going to be in open water where you want to be seen. It is light and packs up nicely, making it ultra portable. Take it with you when you are doing Stand Up Paddling. Never leave home without this!
- Adjustable and Durable: This buoy is highly adjustable to fit around your waist and is made of high quality, durable 190T nylon that has two inflatable chambers.
- Lifetime Warranty: We will cover this buoy for as long as you own it!
Swim Bike Run Athlete Fitness Exercise Race Triathlon Design
- This hilarious, witty design is perfect for any man or woman who is an athlete and likes to complete in triathlons. Makes a great design for any person who likes to swim, bike, and then run the race.
- Buy this design for yourself or gift it to a friend who is into fitness, exercise, marathons, 5K, 10K, healthy living, swimming, biking, and running. Fun design to show off your love to competitions and races.
- Collapsible grip provides a secure hold for easier texting, calling, photos, and selfies.
- Expandable stand to watch videos, take group photos, FaceTime, and Skype handsfree.
- Advanced adhesive allows you to remove and reposition on most devices and cases.
- Note: Will not stick to some silicone, waterproof, or highly textured cases. Works best with smooth, hard plastic cases. Will adhere to iPhone 11, but not to the iPhone 11 Pro nor the iPhone 11 ProMax without a suitable case.
Xterra Wetsuits - Men's Volt Triathlon Wetsuit - Full Body Neoprene Wet Suit (3mm Thickness) (XX-Large) | Designed for Open Water Swimming - Ironman & USAT Approved
- AMERICA'S FAVORITE TRIATHLON WETSUIT - The XTERRA Volt Fullsuit is the ultimate trisuit for men that is comfortable, durable, fast and affordable. Get maximum flexibility and buoyancy with 3/2mm neoprene construction. This suit is great for both beginners and veterans. The suits comfortable fit and streamline body are perfect for both training and racing.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT & QUALITY - The XTERRA Volt Triathlon Full Sleeve Wetsuit's high-performance X-FLEX suit liner stretches in all four directions and returns to its original structure to guarantee that the Xterra Volt will retain its shape and fit over time. The mens wetsuit's flexible liner allows for a comfortable snug fit. X-MAX Seam-Seal Technology uses a triple layer of glue and double-blind stitching to ensure long-lasting waterproof seams that keep you warm and dry.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE & DECREASED DRAG - XTERRA's X-SLICE tri-suit coating reduces drag to keep you fast in the water. The trisuit's 3/2mm neoprene body provides excellent buoyancy, lifting your body into an optimal position for smooth and fast swimming. The wetsuit's back has 2mm neoprene and the shoulders have 1.5mm neoprene so your swim movement is fast and uninhibited.
- CORRECT SIZE GUARANTEE - All triathlon wetsuits are designed to fit snugly. After trying on your wetsuit, if you believe that the suit is too snug then contact us directly before returning your wetsuit. You have 30 days to try on and test out your triathlon wetsuit and can even take it for a swim! Available in 9 sizes while supplies last. Please see size chart in images for correct sizing. Plus, the Volt suit is also available in sleeveless style and style for women.
- 30 DAY NO RISK RETURN + 1 YEAR INDUSTRY-BEST WARRANTY - XTERRA strives to make your swim faster and more comfortable, and to offer you the highest performing triathlon wetsuit at the best value. We confidently stand by our claim of making the world's fastest wetsuit and our triathlon wetsuits are warranted against manufacturing defects for 1 year.
Beginner Triathlon Tips for Swimming
It's crucial to be an efficient swimmer to have a successful triathlon. This article cover some tips I discovered about the swim, while training for my first triathlon.
Each event: the swim, the bike and the run are entities unto themselves, so in this article I will only cover things I've learned in the swim portion of the triathlon.
As I stated, I compete in the Olympic distances which means the swim is a 1 mile open water swim.
The swim can be intimidating for beginner triathletes because it is the biggest unknown. Everyone has a basic idea of how to ride a bike and run, but swimming isn't something we do every day.
It's a given that triathletes need to train to be good swimmers, or at least passable swimmers.
The best place to start training for open water swims is in a lap pool. Start out slow going 3 times a week and slowly adding more and more laps. Start out doing 5 to 10 laps.
You'll find your lap swimming stamina will quickly build. You may feel awful the first few times, but keep with it and soon you'll be busting out 30 laps without trouble.
Once you're comfortable swimming 33 laps (there and back equals 1 lap), which is nearly a mile in a 25 yard pool, that's when you need to step it up.
Most likely you're training for a triathlon where the swim takes place in a lake, or even the ocean. The first thing to do is invest in a triathlon specific wetsuit. You don't want a regular stiff wetsuit; these things will wear you out in a hurry. You may end up having to spend a couple hundred bucks, but they're worth every penny.
Now it's time to head to a lake and swim with all your gear on. You'll need a swim cap, earplugs, nose plugs and a good pair of non-fogging swim goggles.
Most likely you're training for a summer triathlon, which means you're swimming in the Spring when the lakes are cold.
With your wetsuit on, ease into the water but don't start swimming immediately. Let your wetsuit work on warming the water next to your skin. Put your head under water, feel the shock of cold on your face, get used to it.
Once you're comfortable, start swimming. Don't go full tilt though, keep it smooth and easy. You'll be amazed how incredible the triathlon wetsuit works. You float high and feel like you're a speed boat.
Don't swim too hard, continue with easy strokes. Concentrate on your breathing. If you feel yourself getting short of breath try to work through it by slowing down. If it gets too bad come up but continue breast stroking. Once you're under control continue with the freestyle stroke.
I was amazed on my first lake swim, how different it was from the pool. I thought it would be a natural transition from the pool to the lake, but I was wrong. I got about 5 minutes into the swim and I went into a panic as I lost my breath and had to tread water until I calmed down. It was humiliating and shattered my confidence.
I didn't let it stop me though; I went out the next day and tried again, following the above guidelines. Things went much smoother, and I got a full workout in. If I hadn't gone to the lake before competing in the triathlon, I probably wouldn't have finished the race.
Be sure to do at least 3 lake swims before your triathlon. Practice lifting your head and spotting the shore about every 5th stroke.
Figure out which method of breathing is best for you. In the pool I take 3 strokes then breathe on the right, then take 3 more strokes and breathe on the left. I found that during the triathlon I was much more comfortable if I breathed on every stroke. It worked for me and allowed me to swim harder.
Swimming style is very different for each swimmer be sure you figure out your best practice before your triathlon.