4 Best Waterproof Sunscreen Lotion For Swimming In India
Updated on: March 2023
Best Waterproof Sunscreen Lotion For Swimming In India in 2023
Banana Boat UltraMist Kids MAX Protect & Play Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 100: 6 OZ
- Won't run into eyes
- Invisible & Rub-free
- Very water resistant
- Easy twist & lock cap
Banana Boat Sunscreen SunComfort Ultra Mist Broad Spectrum Sun Care SunScreen Spray SPF 30, 6 Ounce,Packaging May Vary.
- NON-GREASY: SunComfort Sunscreen Spray allows sand to easily brush off and eliminates greasy hands
- NO DRY SKIN: SunComfort Sunscreen Spray moisturizes to relieve dryness
- WATER RESISTANT: Up to 80 minutes of play before reapplication
- SAFE & EXTRA PROTECTION: SunComfort Sunscreen Spray is a Broad spectrum Sunscreen Spray with UVA and UVB protection and is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Available in SPF 30 and 50+ clear sunscreen sprays
Banana Boat Sunscreen Kids Tear-Free Sting-Free Broad Spectrum Sun Care Sunscreen Lotion - SPF 50, 8 Ounce
- Available in light/medium and deep dark color
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Tear-free and sting-free
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Pediatrician-tested and recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion with up to 12 Hours of Time Release Protection (Pack of 3)
- 3M Technology allows time released protection for up to 12 Hours
- Splash & Sweat resistant to ensure consistent protection through all your outdoor activities
- Repels deer ticks that may carry Lyme Disease, and mosquitoes that may carry West Nile Virus
- Lotion formulation developed for and used by the US Military
- Freeze Thaw Stable
Best Sunscreen Protection
Consumer Reports has analyzed a dozen different sunscreens and has created a list of the ones that performed the best.
There are new regulations from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding sunscreens. The FDA has made an important new requirement when it comes to the testing as well as labeling sunscreen. The labels must now inform consumers if the sunscreen is broad spectrum. In order for a sunscreen to be broad spectrum it must offer sufficient protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Consumer Reports analyzed a dozen sunscreens for their ability to protect people against UVB and UVA rays. Each of these rays is able to give a person skin cancer.
There were six sunscreens earned a high overall rating. They were products from Target and Walmart, Coppertone Water Babies 50 lotion and Walgreens Continuous Spray Sport SPF 50 (another store brand). These sunscreens provided good protection against UVB rays before and after 80 minutes under water and were very good against UVA rays. Each of these sunscreens cost $1.67 or less per ounce.
Consumer Reports testing also revealed that the higher priced sunscreens did not provide more protection than those that cost less. Badger Unscented SPF 34 lotion and All Terrain AquaSport SPF 30 lotion were poor at guarding against UVB rays. These products cost $5.52 and $4.33 per ounce respectively. Badger Unscented SPF 34 lotion has been discontinued but might still be able to be purchased in stores.
Consumer Reports recommends people use one of the six sunscreens their testing showed as most effective. Consumers should use a product that claims broad spectrum protection with claimed SPF of at least 40. The sunscreen should also be water resistant. To stay safe a person should limit their time in the sun and reapply sunscreen every two hours while outdoors. If it's possible, a person should wear protective clothing, a hat, and sunglasses while in the sun.